Sunday, October 2, 2011
I'm delighted to be surrounded by lots of beautiful, glowing pregnant gals. They keep coming out of the woodwork!
So here is a little post about things to stock up on now for YOU. I know you are online shopping 24/7 for baby stuff, but you deserve to splurge a bit on yourself. BTW, in case you're wondering about my credentials, having 1 baby makes me THE baby expert, obviously ;)
1. stretchy tops/dresses that you can pull down easily for quick access. May as well pack away everything else for a while!
2. stud earrings
3. all natural bath products and perfume oils- regular bath products are so toxic, not the best if you're nursing. This handmade soap is Detox for Baby from Spoiled Rotten. I love it for myself- haven't tried it on baby though.
5. comfy flat shoes- toms, rainbow sandals, ballet flats, furry moccasins.
6. scented candles- brought me a crazy amount of joy during those early months.
7. tubs of gourmet ice cream- try Clemmy's Ice Cream or La Loo's goat milk ice cream for fresh, all-natural versions.
8. kindle- all the times I woke Sisi woke up just because I turned a page. Save yourself the frustration :)
9. cute outfit for newborn photoshoot-baby's outfit is easy (birthday suit) but think ahead about what you'll want to wear. Something figure-forgiving, casual, and easy to throw on. I remember frantically dragging my 5 day old around Target searching for something to wear. I chose a dress that wasn't flattering, and showed my sweat like crazy. A flowy maxi-dress with bare feet would have been perfect (and hid my baby bump leftovers really well.)
|dress by Free People|
I can't wait to see each of you become mommies. Your babies are already so blessed!!!