Tuesday, May 27, 2014
Photo by Joe.
After my post about being a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP), I got a ton of feedback and high fives from fellow HSPs. If you haven't taken the self-test, do it here! I thought of a few more quirks that directly relate to my high sensitivity. Can anyone else relate to these??
1. I am horrible with directions. I can't find my way anywhere. Anyone who has ever driven with me is nodding their head right now. I think I get lost in my thoughts and distracted by weird little things, like bumper stickers and clouds and potholes. Makes it really hard to remember where I am and where I'm going.
2. Music stresses me out. I went through a two year music strike because it was just too stimulating. This must be hard for my music-loving husband. I'm always telling him, "Please turn it down! That techno beat is really stressing me out."
3. I order my chipotle online, then pick it up. From the peace and quiet of my own home. I get really flustered ordering in person. That place is chaos.
4. I'm empathetic to the max. I can instantly sense and absorb peoples' moods, happy or sad. Their mood tends to stay with me for a long time after.
5. I'm very very very sensitive to pain. I also get a weird tickly feeling deep down in my gut when I see painful imagery, such as a surgery scene on TV.
6. I am a good gardener. My landscape designer (an HSP as well!) told me I would be. I can spot a weed immediately, even if it's a stealthy little bugger hiding behind a plant. I notice new growth in plants right away. I often point out to Joe, "Oh, that plant has 3 new leaves, right there!" and I'm sure he couldn't care less.
7. I'm an anti-procrastinator. Taxes are always turned in by Valentine's Day. Sisi's lunch is made the day before. HSP's don't do very well under time crunches or pressure. Therefore, if possible, I always plan ahead.
8. I get really HANGRY (hungry-angry).