Saturday, May 26, 2012
Black-centered anenomes have always been on my floral top 5 (along with fringed tulips, scabiosa, dahlias, and cattleya orchids, in case you are wondering.)
I created this braided anenome crown using a variety of sheer and satin fabrics, with embroidery floss stamens to give them that characteristic drama.
Wish I had a reason to wear this woodland crown! I do think I could pull it off as a sash to cinch in a billowy dress or blouse.
|photo by Ashleigh Taylor Lane Photography!|
Thursday, May 24, 2012
|original on the left, ebay find on the right|
I realized if I'm smart, I better find a replacement online in case we ever lose him. And being the airhead I am, it's quite likely I will, since we've gone through 6 previous loveys before introducing ducky. We've had a few close calls with ducky, to. o
Gund no longer makes ducky, but I was able to find him on ebay. Phew!
When I gave her new ducky, she sniffed him and did a double-take. But then she hugged him and stroked his fur and said, "Oh duggie duggie duggie".
Lesson learned: next child will have a lovey that is in stock. I will buy 5 of them, and rotate them so they are all the same level of threadbare.
Monday, May 21, 2012
- more words- fishy, babbeeee (balloon), all done, nigh nigh
- still working on her walking skillz
- suddenly stretched out, jumped to a size 2t, and lost some of her fat rolls. thankfully, she still has those irresistable chubby cheeks.
- i told myself by 16 months we'd stop breastfeeding for good, but i think we'll hold onto the morning feed for just a while longer. even if she's only getting a few ounces, it's still a few less ounces of super pricey raw milk to buy. and i am just not ready to shut down breastfeeding completely because that will mean she's really a toddler and i'm in denial.
- has regressed to 2 naps most days (a short 15 min catnap and then a long 2 hour afternoon nap.) she's extra tired these days and i suspect that walking has a LOT to do with it!
Friday, May 18, 2012
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
From birth til now, Sisi's been in an awkward hair phase.
- Birth to 1 month: Wiry dark baby hair.
- 1-4 months: The front hairs fell out, resulting in a male-pattern-baldness look.
- 5-10 months: All the hair started growing at a rapid rate, but the back was much longer, like a mullet.
- 10 months-present: The "J-Pop stage". Her hair is somewhere between these two styles. Choppy, thin, messy, and always in her eyes.
I'm starting to think a haircut is necessary? But I'm scared to because I really want to avoid this...
|me, rocking the bowl cut|
|my sis rocking the bowl cut.|
...the BOWL CUT. aka Beatles haircut or asian kid cut.
What are some cute baby hairstyles? Is 16 months too young for a haircut???