Instafriday 6/1/12

Thursday, May 31, 2012

life rearranged

This week's theme was SUMMER FUN.

Here's to cheap target bikinis (and the confidence to wear them, despite my post-baby belly)

On memorial day, I hopped back on my surf board and caught a few!  I haven't surfed in years, but it really is like riding a bike.  Once you're out there, it all comes back to you.  I'm still very, very sore.
Homemade blueberry popsicles
 
I made a bunch of super colurful felt baby barettes (giving 2 sets away, keeping 1 set for Sisi)
 I bought a new (well, gently used) car!  Apparently, newer cars come with something called "XM" radio.  It's solved my total hatred of radio!  I've been listening to the 90's XM station nonstop.  I got to hear Paula Cole, Alanis Morrisette, Salt & Peppa, Enigma ("Return to Innocence"), and Britney Spears all in a row.  What radio station plays 5 chick songs in a row?  I LOVE it. 
 I decided to be "cool mom" and let Sisi lick the cookie batter. 
 The cookies were sugar-free and gluten free, and voted AMAZING by paleo and non-paleos alike.  Recipe coming soon.
Lots of fun with friends at the fake lagoon.

My sparkly seafoam nails match Sisi's mermaid bathing suit. This made me happy.

New fancy schmancy knives, and a rustic Italian seafood stew. 
 Raw fish can be so beautiful. 




 

7 comments:

Catherine June 1, 2012 at 9:34 AM  

Cute swim suit! How is the paleo diet working for you? I don't think you've posted an update recently.

Rachel June 1, 2012 at 10:32 AM  

Ha! xhilaration brand always takes me back.

Will be interested to see the cookie recipe - we have a few more friends going paelo, and it's nice to have options for them.

Anne June 1, 2012 at 11:08 AM  

Thanks! Love your pics too. Do you make your own sushi? I'm too scared to handle raw fish, but I have no issues buying it from a sushi restaurant (which really makes no sense to me.)
Love your little shop. I am so uncrafty, but admire everyone who is so good at it and love supporting via etsy! :)

Unknown June 1, 2012 at 12:19 PM  

I'm with you on all things Target...and cute baby bows! We have an 8 month old, and nothing is cuter than a lil bow on a baby girl :) Happy Friday!

Kristin @ Petal and Thorn June 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM  

@catherine- paleo is going great! not losing pounds, per se, but my body shape is changing and i'm firming up. not to mention i feel great. i will update more soon!

@rachel- haha, i've always preferred "mossimo" to xhileration, but oh well. they are both better than "merona"

@anne- we sometimes buy sashimi fish from the asian market and slice it (with a squeeze of lemon and slices of avocado- yum!). we feel comfy as long as we eat it right away. but we usually go out to the neighborhood sushi place and let them serve us.

Sarah Gregson June 1, 2012 at 4:01 PM  

Such a fun week! Those hair clips are so stinkin cute! People like you make me wish I had a crafty bone in my body.

Freckles Chick June 11, 2012 at 9:43 AM  

Watch your step, b/c I just drooled puddles over your retro-chic swimsuit, sparkly toenails, & sushi. Oh and your bebe!!

Post a Comment