This made me cry!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Have you seen this amazing video?



Once she passed that 1 year mark, I totally lost it.  Because that's sorta how I remember Sisi's first year- a wave of little snippets, facial expressions, and memories tied together. I can't even really remember what it was like to hold tiny newborn Sisi, and that was just a year ago.


Joe could hear me crying in the office as I watched this, and he came in to watch too.  In between sobs I sniffled out something like, "Sisi's gonna grow up!  She's not going to be a baby for much longer. It's so sad!"  

He gently replied, "But she'll be such a beautiful little girl."  


And it reminded me of my role as a mother- not to raise a cute, chubby little baby, but to raise a daughter.  One who will become a little girl, then a woman, and who might even have her own child someday.  It's too trippy to even comprehend!  

(sisi at 1 week)
I know some parents who didn't get to see their babies become little girls, and I realize how precious time is.  I will treasure each little minute. 

2 comments:

Sarah May 3, 2012 at 12:39 PM  

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! What a great video!!!!!! I"m so sharing this with everyone I know. That is so sweet.

- Sarah
agirlintransit.blogspot.com

Sarah Gregson May 11, 2012 at 4:10 PM  

Amen, amen, and amen. We get to raise these little blobs into wonderful, decent adults. What a crazy task! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, I'm happy to have found yours!

~Sarah
thatfamilybythebay.blogspot.com

Post a Comment