Monday, April 20, 2015
|He keeps giving me Dave Matthews expressions.|
The (often contradictory) comments I receive most about him are:
- He looks like an adult!
- He's a mini Joe.
- He doesn't look like either of you.
- He looks so Italian/masculine/not Asian.
- What a mellow/content/happy baby!
- He is so serious.
- He has expressive eyebrows.
- He doesn't look like Sisi.
- He looks just like Sisi, but a boy version.
Matteo at a glance:
- starting to understand object permanence. If I move a toy out of sight, he will look around for it.
- when it comes to learning new skills, he seems pretty aggressive. He reaches, grabs, punches, slaps. Two days ago, he was just starting to think about rolling over. The next day, he was charging it and got 95% there! Is this a boy thing?
- still happily swaddled in the miracle blanket for night sleep. He was consistently busting out, then I found boingo diaper clips to keep the flap closed, and they work perfectly.
- just for naps, we've eased him into the peke moe sleep sack. He self-soothes much easier if he is allowed to suck on his hands, but I think he transitions sleep cycles better when swaddled. Any non-parents out there are probably annoyed at all this baby sleep jargon.
- sleeps about 11-11.5 hours straight, although inconsistently. He'll do a great week of long nights, and then a crazy week with wakeups. Sisi was the same way- slept through the night very early on, but off-and-on until she was about 1 year.
- sometimes gets himself to sleep by clicking his tongue or sucking on his bottom lip.
- size 2 diapers, size 3-6 month clothes, no idea how much he weighs but he's a healthy little chunker. Definitely had a growth spurt last week.
- sometimes 3 naps, sometimes 4. We're in that weird transtion period.
- still won't take the bottle! Hope this changes soon so I can resume my Saturday morning surfing ritual.
- eczema is pretty much a non-issue now that I can control it with Formula One cream.
- first beach outing on Easter. Dog beach is not a good place for a baby, btw. He almost got trampled and peed on many times.
- seems to love movement. He laughs with glee when I do airplane with him, and seems oddly content when Joe holds him upside down by the ankles. Sisi didn't (and still doesn't) like a lot of movement or horseplay.
- finally has a middle name! "Saja", which is a Korean word. Does anyone know what it means? Hint: it coordinates with our last name.
|content to hang out in the grass for long stretches of time.|
|better post a butt picture before it's no longer ok!|