Monday, May 18, 2015
Matteo is five months! He is still a delight- generally easy-going, friendly and full of smiles, chuckles and coos. He loves to be cuddled and tickled. He is very content to be held by the ankles upside-down for minutes at a time. He mouth-breathes with excitement at the dogs, gazes admiringly at his sister, and belly laughs when I kiss his neck. He isn't too phased by big crowds or loud noises (we were at my brother's college graduation and he had to put up with cheering and airhorns) which leads me to believe he is an extravert. The only extravert in our family, that's for sure.
Matteo at a Glance:
- suddenly starving! waking up once, twice, or on an especially bad night three times to eat! also suddenly wants to eat every 2 hours during the day. ready for solids maybe? growth spurt?
- unswaddled!! wears zipadee zip and peke moe so he still feels cozy and secure.
- once Wonder Week 19 passed, he went right back to putting himself to sleep happily and napping longer stretches, thank goodness. i will honestly take that over sleeping through the night! a happy napper is my sanity!
- rolled over a few times, but isn't obsessive about it like Sisi was.
- definitely more interested in people and faces than in toys.
- likes to take tiny sips of water from my cup.
- still not a fan of the bottle! we will try a sippy cup with breastmilk soon.
- no teeth yet
- 50th percentile for weight and height. still wearing 3-6 month digs.