Baby Hair Dilemma

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

From birth til now, Sisi's been in an awkward hair phase.

  • Birth to 1 month: Wiry dark baby hair.  
  • 1-4 months: The front hairs fell out, resulting in a male-pattern-baldness look.  
  • 5-10 months: All the hair started growing at a rapid rate, but the back was much longer, like a mullet.
  • 10 months-present:   The "J-Pop stage".  Her hair is somewhere between these two styles.  Choppy, thin, messy, and always in her eyes.



My solution is usually a headband, clip, or shih tzu ponytail, but she eventually rips it off and her bangs end up poking her eyeballs out, which really really bugs me.  And I think it bugs her, too. 

I'm starting to think a haircut is necessary?  But I'm scared to because I really want to avoid this...
me, rocking the bowl cut
my sis rocking the bowl cut.

...the BOWL CUT.  aka Beatles haircut or asian kid cut.  

What are some cute baby hairstyles?  Is 16 months too young for a haircut???

5 comments:

Rachel May 15, 2012 at 5:01 PM  

Ha! I had the bowl cut too.

Definitely not too early to cut her hair if it's getting in her way. Just get her a little bang trim!

Hanna Lo May 16, 2012 at 1:29 PM  

z is totally balding! hahaha my mom suggests shaving his head but we reallyyyyy don't want to go that route. but it is getting pretty uneven lol!

Cindy May 18, 2012 at 5:01 PM  

I had this problem with Natalie: her hair grows forward, so it was always in her face, and she doesn't keep hair clips in. At first I had her cut sort of like mine: a bob. But then my hair stylist recommended a pixie cut and I've been so happy with it! No matter what, it doesn't go in her eyes. She used to have a pixie in the front and a little longer in the back, but now it's pixie all over. I think it would be a nice choice for Sisi while she's young (I'm sure you want to grow her hair longer eventually) until she can keep a hair doodle in her hair.

Sarah Gregson May 18, 2012 at 5:49 PM  

I was so scarred from home cuts that I vowed that scissors in my hands and my child's hair would never meet. We actually just took Cora to get her first haircut today at 5 months, her rat tail was out of control. But I had to laugh at your post, because you have described Cora's hair progression thus far perfectly.

Celia May 24, 2012 at 1:00 PM  

not too early! i've been cutting cheech's hair since she was 7 months old. her mullet was SO INTENSE that it had to go. about 6 weeks ago, i took her in to get a bang trim and it made a huge difference. my stylist only charged me 5 bucks.

Post a Comment