Berry Crafty!

Sunday, April 21, 2013

I hosted a Jamberry themed baby shower for my good friend Aime yesterday.  What a sweet time!  I'll share pictures soon, but here is a sneak peek at some of the decor.


This first project was something I pinned on my Fun DIY Projects board (check me out on Pinterest!)  Supposedly people use these painted rocks to deter birds from eating their real strawberries.  I just thought they were cute.  





Sisi insisted on painting her own rocks!


Then I put my Silhouette Cameo to work and cut little strawberry blossoms.  I used some spray painted thumb tacks as the centers and hot glued them to twigs.  I also added some adorable felt blueberries.  I figured the more non-perishable decor I could make ahead of time, the less stressed I'd be on the day of the shower.  All these projects were super cheap, too.



And of course, no ex-florist is gonna leave out fresh flowers.  I chose country flowers in bright berry shades.  

Decorating for parties (especially for wonderful, appreciative friends!) is super fulfilling, and so much less stressful than decorating for weddings.  

2 comments:

Angel @ loveandsplendor.com/blog April 22, 2013 at 10:03 PM  

looks beautiful!! i definitely want to make some of those darling rock strawberries!! xoxo

Sarah April 24, 2013 at 8:44 AM  

Oh my goodness these look amazing! I've seen the strawberries on pinterest, but I love that you did it too! I bed Amie loved everything =)

Post a Comment