Wind In the Willows Themed Baby Shower

Friday, June 21, 2013

I wasn't the hostess this time, but I did provide some simple flowers and decor for my friend Shaun's Wind in the Willows baby shower.  She's expecting her first baby this summer, and I can't wait to meet little Abigail!   

So, I'm one of those weirdos who has no idea what Wind in the Willows is about.  After a quick google image search, I found out it stars a toad and a badger and other woodland creatures.  And there's a canoe in it. So I decorated accordingly with little woodland touches and lots of wildflowers.



I'd been eyeing this froggy vase for awhile, and this party was the perfect excuse to buy it.

How gorgeous is that pink beronia?  Like hundreds of tiny fuchsia lanterns.
I found some cute garden statuary to use as decorative accents.  I fell in love with them, but sadly, they didn't survive my latest decluttering session and were all sold at my garage sale.  Honestly, what was I to do with all those mushrooms and hedgehogs?  (I did keep the frog.)

I made a cute paper canoe garland using an origami tutorial that I just can't seem to track down right now.   Sorry!  I'll add it here if I find it.  The little oars are made of bamboo skewers, too.  


My friend Aime created a cute onesie stamping station.  How genius is that toilet paper roll heart stamp?  

I added to the project by making some foam shape stamps.  I happened to have a bag of mini corks in my stash, so I glued on some pre-cut foam flowers.  I even cut out my own shapes (stars, water drops, triangles, etc.) out of a sheet of foam and the stamps turned out great!  It's my favorite way to decorate fabric now.  I'll post a more detailed DIY on that later.

A sweet and simple shower for a beautiful mommy. Congrats, Shaun!!!

2 comments:

Sarah June 24, 2013 at 7:47 AM  

Oh my goodness what a sweet shower theme! Your flowers are lovely as always ;)

Angel @ loveandsplendor.com/blog June 25, 2013 at 2:05 PM  

looks adorable!! i also have never read (seen?) wind in the willows... so you're not alone!

Post a Comment