Thursday, January 30, 2014
Here is one Pinterest project I actually completed! We were going to trash Sisi's massive damaged dresser, but then I saw this project online and thought it'd be perfect to store Sisi's books and toys.
One of my resolutions is to be more handy around the house. I am slowly progressing on this goal. For example, this project required that I prime and paint, use a power drill to remove hardware, and a socket wrench to insert wood screws. Before this project, I didn't even know what a socket wrench was.
Basically, here's how I did it:
- I removed the old hardware
- primed and painted the drawers pure white
- glued cute wallpaper in as a backing (I originally used spray glue to attach the wallpaper, but it wasn't adhering well, so I squeezed E-6000 onto the paper instead.)
- stacked the drawers in a way that made sense and seemed sturdy
- screwed them together using a socket wrench (power drill was just too big to maneuver on this project)
- attached new knobs to the exposed drawers