Thursday, January 23, 2014
My marvelous kid just turned three years old!!!
With her chubby cheeks and round tummy, she still looks quite babyish. I love that! But don't let that fool you. She is a full-fledged toddler, with opinions, profound reflections, a sense of humor, and enough language skills to express it all pretty well.
Three years with this girl, and you think we'd be used to her adorableness! But sometimes Joe and I still sneak into her room at night to stare at her and say, "Wow, I can't believe how cute our child is. Ridiculously cute!"
This year for her birthday, thanks to our newfound minimalism, we only got Sisi one simple gift. I made her wait patiently for about 15 minutes while Joe got his camera ready before she could open it. She has enormous self-control. I'm pretty sure she would have been one of those kids who waited to eat the marshmallow!
- Wearing 3T and 4T clothing
- Potty trained for pee since 2 1/2, but still not poop (below, her sticker encrusted potty!)
- Favorite songs: Katy Perry "Roar", Lorde "Royals", and anything by the Okee Dokee Brothers.
- Current obsessions: band-aids, tails (she has been wearing tails every day for the past 5 months), ducks, cutting things with scissors
- She is left handed for most tasks
- Favorite foods: berries, sweet potatoes, parsnip fries, pats of butter, sardines, fatty fat fat (the fatty portion from steak, lamb, etc.), brocolli with mayo, dark chocolate, and any paleo treats I whip up.
- She loves being a dog. She will ask to wear our dogs' collars, does tricks for treats, and even scratches her head with her feet sometimes.
- She and Joe often go on sunrise hikes. During those hikes, they refer to each other as "daddy tiger" and "baby tiger". So cute!
- We took her to the aquarium for the first time, and her favorites were the seals, garden eels, and homo sapiens (the divers). She refused to touch any of the sharks/sting rays/anenomes in the touch tanks. Like I said, very very cautious child.
- While we're still pretty strict about limiting her screen time (she's still never seen a whole movie) we do let her watch bits of videos we rent from the library. Thomas the Tank Engine, Charlie Brown, Pocoyo, and Bob the Builder are some of her favs.
- She has now travelled by plane to Boston, New York, Costa Rica, Mexico, Oregon, and Florida. That's a lot of trips in 3 years!