Instafriday 9/8/12

Saturday, September 8, 2012

life rearrangedHere is a glimpse at my week through my cell phone!

We started the week off on a sober note. It was the 2nd anniversary of my dad's death last Friday, so I had the family over for Korean food in honor of him.  I think I'll make it a tradition from now on.  In so many ways, I'm back to normal and have moved on with my life since his death.  But on rare days, I'm hit by it anew.  Most days, it's hard to look at pictures of my dad. I subconsciously turn away really quickly so I don't have to think about him.  Life can be so tragic and scary sometimes.  I'm so thankful my savior Christ is guiding and protecting me through it all!  Also, thank goodness for therapy!

 The next day we attended a coed baby shower for two of our dear friends.  I'm so not competitive with games, but I actually won this one!  The point is to get the little plastic baby out of the ice cube first without breaking the ice.  I like to think this book helped me think outside the box to find the least effortful but most effective way to get the baby out- pour my water bottle on it!  I felt like a genius.

The craft at the shower was to makea "touch and feel" book for the baby.  Joe and I made this very busy page together :)
At dusk, we played in this playground by the bay and got attacked by sand fleas.




  Delicate bridal combs...
Beach play date with friends!  How cute are little Rebecca and April in their fuchsia suits.  Sisi was a loner, opting to wander the beach looking for seaweed bubbles to squish.

Lastly, a quick flower mart trip to grab flowers for my good friend's baby shower!  Just a few sweet, girly arrangements in modern white cylinders.  Couldn't resist making a little heart with the lily grass, in honor of the sweet little baby girl who we already love!  Edit: Although I don't do flowers anymore as a business, I occasionally make arrangements for friends and family.  And boy, is it 10x harder with a toddler in tow!  Sisi was entertaining herself at the flower mart just fine, until I realized she was squishing little poisonous berries and saying "bye bye chee chee's" ("chee chee" is her word for berries :))  I don't even like to think about how many crazy pesticides are all over those "chee chee's". 

Have a splendid weekend!

4 comments:

Ellen September 8, 2012 at 1:53 PM  

Aw! I love all the baby goodness in this post! Happy Saturday!

Sarah Gregson September 8, 2012 at 8:07 PM  

What a wonderful way to remember your dad; together and with delicious food! Also, amen for therapy indeed! You make me miss southern CA with all those beaches. :)

Rachel September 10, 2012 at 3:36 PM  

It sounds like a good way to honor your dad's memory, Kris. I'm so sorry that you and your family had to go through that loss. My heart is with you.

And now this sounds way too frivolous, but I still have to ask, but are you wearing a fuchsia blazer in that photo on the playground? I love it.

Kristin @ Petal and Thorn September 10, 2012 at 8:57 PM  

rachel- even better! it's the most obnoxious shade of neon coral. i never shy away from color :)

Post a Comment