Half Birthday!

Friday, July 22, 2011

SIX MONTHS.  Really?  We made it? 


All the been-there-done-that mommies told me 6 months would be a turning point.  We'd find our groove then, and this crazy new life would start to seem normal.  I can honestly say they were right!  Our days now have a fairly predictable rhythm to them.

Here is our baby, looking a little more melancholy than usual because she has the summer flu and a U.T.I., not to mention going through the tumultuous "Wonder Week 26".  I look at these pictures and my heart just swells with love and pride, but also a bit of sadness.  She's definitely not a newborn anymore.  After all, what newborn finds drinking from a big girl cup wayyyy more interesting than a breast?  There was a time I thought she would never be unglued from my chest.  It makes me a little sad!





The lilypad headband is now listed on etsy!  A perfect baby shower gift!  Will soon be available in other colors.




She's saying "Yes Sir!" in the middle pic...


 
The sparkly black headband is also available on etsy!  It's made of soft black netting, not itchy tulle, just FYI.  I stocked up on those "My Little Legs" leg warmers because Siena is on the verge of crawling, and we've got nothing but cold, hard travertine floors.  At 2.00-4.00 a pop, they are a steal!  I guess they are a wannabe "Baby Legs" brand, but I have both and can't really tell the difference, besides the price.  

5 comments:

Sarah July 23, 2011 at 8:05 AM  

Wow she is adorable and so is the baby headband. My husband and I have been visiting your church lately and someone I know there told me to check out your blog. You look SO familiar. Did you go to El Modena?

- Sarah
http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

Sarah July 24, 2011 at 8:03 AM  

Ok that's right the Ferch's! That was fun. My baby an I aren't doing the "play date" thing a lot yet so when she does get together with other babies it's so fun.

I graduated Elmo in 2002. I was in sewing for 3 years. Were you in that class? I new you looked familiar!

We won't be at church this Sunday because my new little nephew is being baptized at his church and we'll be there to see that, but we'll be at Christ Church the following Sunday. We should get together sometime and have the babies play =)

Good talking to you,

Sarah
http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

Angel @ loveandsplendor.com/blog July 25, 2011 at 9:01 AM  

i love her so much!!!! she's absolutely gorgeous. <3

Unknown July 26, 2011 at 8:34 PM  

so cute! love the accessories and especially the baby!!! =)

Rachel August 5, 2011 at 1:58 PM  

She's getting more and more gorgeous, Kris! Those eyes!

Post a Comment