Sisi is 22 Months!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012



Someone told me to write down all the funny baby talk while it lasts, so here goes: 

bopple boss= apple sauce
bopps= grapes, and also blocks
zil= basil (our boston terrier)
watz= rocks
mimmon= lemon
memmon= watermelon
fwetz= farts 
soon= spoon
wa-wuff= olive
Da= Dora, also draw
Ba= Bella (my brother's dog)
un= moon
eem= cream
baba= bottle
usoom= mushroom
chee chees= berries 
pop pop= popsicle
nuss= nose

 "money money money money" she sings 
 Look of concentration:  nostrils flare and lips pucker (she gets that from Joe!) 



Siena at a glance:

-from what I can tell, she's a great singer!  She only knows a few simple melodies, but she sings them right on pitch.  She's starting to sing along with hymns at church and sings herself lullabies in the car.
-she's putting together phrases like "Bye bye Nana", "mommy's shoes" and "all done vegetables".  I can hardly believe it!
-when it's time to leave the house, she frantically grabs a bunch of random items to take with her. One time it was a tambourine, beach ball, scarf, truck, and of course her ducky all clutched in her arms and stuffed into her armpits.
-still very into cars, trains, trucks and balls (my little tomboy).
-but she cheerfully lets me paint her toenails! :)
-is very concerned about moles.  she says "mole!" (in a fascinated voice) and then rubs and kisses them.  it's about the only time she ever gives us kisses :(  not a very affectionate child!
-can put her socks on all by herself.  she's very excited about socks lately, probably because she's a barefooted hippie most of the time, and socks are a novelty.
-loves to rough house with daddy!  she just beams when he comes home and immediately makes him throw her around.
-will sometimes hold our hands and wait quietly while we pray before meals.
-she got her first passport, and let me say, her picture is pretty shady looking!  she's looking to the side and seems quite suspicious. and that was the best out of 3 pictures they took.

Just around the corner:  

-we'll attempt to wean off the bottle soon (she only has about 11 ounces of raw goat's milk per day, but we're hoping to really reduce her milk intake around the 2 year mark and here's why)
-we'll try potty training again (but this time I'm trying not to rush. Toddlers have to be ready physically, intellectually, and emotionally to use the potty.  Last time, Sisi clearly was not ready emotionally since she broke down into guilty tears when she had accidents.)
-we'll be taking our first international trip as a family of 3 when we go to Costa Rica in January!  I am so pumped!  I hope we see sloths and monkeys, and I hope we don't see snakes and crazy insects :/

Sisi, you make me one proud and grateful mama.  You are becoming such a curious, creative, and independent little girl.  I wake up every morning (very tired) but also very excited to see your smiling face peering out from your crib.  And now I'm starting to hear in your very own words your opinions and views on the world.  Keep sharing them with me- the good, the bad, and the grumpy- because I'm your mama and I'll always be here to listen.

Love you!

1 comments:

his little lady November 28, 2012 at 9:56 AM  

What a great idea, to remember and record every little detail of her in this stage. She is just precious!
xo TJ

Post a Comment