Passing the time!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

So, the midwife checked me and said Siena could come any day now.  Or she might come in a week.  It's so weird not knowing if today is the day that will change your life forever!  Thankfully, I'm still quite comfortable and able to be active. I haven't hit that "just get OUT of me!" stage yet. 

Here's how I've been keeping busy:

  • I got a pretty lavender pedicure (would normally do it myself but I can barely shave my legs, let alone paint my toes)
  • Cleaned all the baseboards in the house.  
  • Watched many episodes of The Office on netflix while rocking on my yoga ball, trying to encourage the baby to get into anterior position (she's still sunny side up)
  • Cooked (all in one afternoon!) beef and pumpkin stew in the pressure cooker, a big pot of Vietnamese curry soup, and slowcooker chili to be frozen and reheated after the baby is born.  
  • Finished online traffic school and passed with flying colors :)
  • Started on my 2010 taxes. 
  • I've been writing 5 thank you notes for baby shower gifts each day so it doesn't get overwhelming.
  • And the most satisfying project of all?  It involves those felt Pesto heads I hinted to before.  A doggy head mobile! I thought it'd be cute to have my pups' googly eyes looking down on Siena while she sleeps.  Hopefully she isn't freaked out by them ;) 
 

    7 comments:

    Hanna Lo January 12, 2011 at 11:36 AM  

    so cute, Kristin! :) can't believe your baby can come any minute now!

    honey my heart January 12, 2011 at 12:06 PM  

    the mobile is too cute! hope siena comes soon.

    Rachel January 12, 2011 at 3:30 PM  

    You are the most productive pregnant person I've ever seen!

    Anonymous,  January 13, 2011 at 10:41 PM  

    the puppy-mobile is soooo precious!!! :) and i agree with rachel -- you put most non-preggos to shame with your productivity! xo

    Hong and Tami Kim January 16, 2011 at 4:47 PM  

    oh my goodness, kristen! you are adorable. and totallly nesting! it's amazing what a 9-mo preg body can do in that nesting phase. :) happy baby birthing. <3

    christina {simply modern weddings} January 17, 2011 at 6:13 PM  

    that mobile pretty much the coolest thing i have ever seen! think you should add those to the etsy shop! lol!

    btw...i agree with angel, you just put almost all non-preggo woman to shame! including me!

    Anonymous,  January 22, 2011 at 2:22 PM  

    Awww! Way to go Kristen, ! Love that mobile, you should totally put that on Etsy.
    www.ladyeeboutique.com/blog

    Post a Comment