Wednesday, January 12, 2011
So, the midwife checked me and said Siena could come any day now. Or she might come in a week. It's so weird not knowing if today is the day that will change your life forever! Thankfully, I'm still quite comfortable and able to be active. I haven't hit that "just get OUT of me!" stage yet.
Here's how I've been keeping busy:
- I got a pretty lavender pedicure (would normally do it myself but I can barely shave my legs, let alone paint my toes)
- Cleaned all the baseboards in the house.
- Watched many episodes of The Office on netflix while rocking on my yoga ball, trying to encourage the baby to get into anterior position (she's still sunny side up)
- Cooked (all in one afternoon!) beef and pumpkin stew in the pressure cooker, a big pot of Vietnamese curry soup, and slowcooker chili to be frozen and reheated after the baby is born.
- Finished online traffic school and passed with flying colors :)
- Started on my 2010 taxes.
- I've been writing 5 thank you notes for baby shower gifts each day so it doesn't get overwhelming.
- And the most satisfying project of all? It involves those felt Pesto heads I hinted to before. A doggy head mobile! I thought it'd be cute to have my pups' googly eyes looking down on Siena while she sleeps. Hopefully she isn't freaked out by them ;)