A Very Good Christmas (and Sisi is 23 months)

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Some of the highlights:  
-Paleo Christmas breakfast with pumpkin pancakes (recipe from Hellobee) and bacon frittata.
-Joe built Sisi a wooden boat that doubles as a bridge when you flip it over.  It's amazing!  She cried when she saw it under the tree, but not happy tears. Overwhelmed and anxious tears.  It takes her a little while to warm up to new toys/people/experiences, but I'm sure before long it will be her favorite.  Don't worry hubby; your hard work was worth it!
- A small, no frills Christmas dinner with my family.
-14th Annual Girls' Christmas Party (am I really that old?) with my high school clique!
-This year, Joe and I didn't give each other big presents, we just did stocking stuffers.  We loved that so much I think we'll do that from now on.  I was so touched at how well my hubby knows me- he gave me herbal coffee, fancy tea, the new Smashing Pumpkins cd, raw black soap, and a phone charger for my car (my phone is always just about to run out of juice).
-I made a plethora of (ugly but yummy) paleo treats, including peppermint patties and chili chocolate truffles from Elana's Pantry.

(Sisi with a mouth full of macademia nuts)

 (Sisi looks just like Joe, right?; homemade tree topper made of a styrofoam ball, chopsticks, and thumb tacks; stuffed stockings, Sisi and me.)  

 (reindeer got ran over by a toddler; stockings; the infamous boat/bridge; puppy naps.) 

(bacon frittata; boots; my sister; wonky village I made when I was 10.)  

 (Sisi helps mix the pancake batter) 

And oops, in the midst of holiday hooplah we completely missed Sisi's 23rd month.  So this post can be double duty!  Happy 23 months my beautiful girl!  Her next and final month-by-month post will be her 2 Year post.  Unbelievable!

I hope you had a beautiful Christmas! It's not over yet, Christ the King reigns forever! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment