East Coast Trip Part 1: Montauk, NY

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

We kicked off our East Coast trip with 3 lovely days in Montauk, NY, for my dear friend Julie's wedding. We took my mom, and I declare she's the best travel buddy. She was cheerful, helpful, and I don't think she uttered one complaint the whole trip. So many of my friends gasp when I tell them this, because travelling with their moms would be a nightmare.  We brought her with us not only to help with Sisi (so I could focus on my bridesmaid duties) but to treat my mom to a much deserved getaway.

I can definitely see why Julie loves Montauk and chose it for her wedding- it's like a little slice of California. I fell in love right away! There are beautiful sandy beaches and even surfing!  No time to hang ten this trip, but I definitely want to try surfing Atlantic waters someday.




The rehearsal dinner was on a dock at sunset.  Big fat lobsters with drawn butter.  Absolutely incredible!

 



And now, the highlight of the trip- the actual wedding day!  The crafty bride did all the decorations, signage, and florals herself with no wedding planner.  She was probably really stressed, but she never showed it. She even arranged a yoga class with the bridesmaids the morning of the wedding.  It really set the tone for the rest of the day.  

(The following pics I stole from my friend Stephanie...Thanks Steph!)

One of the many adorable handmade touches.




 I think the camera stretched out our foreheads.  No way are our heads are that massive!

 The high school gang, reunited for the nuptials.  

The bride sang a tribute to her hubby and I was one of the background singers :)

 Me and my baby doll, looking a bit worn out already.  Once the band started playing Katy Perry and Beyonce, she livened up a bit.  Then she had a crazy meltdown and I knew it was time to bring her up to Nana's room so I could continue dancing the night away.

Next stop- The Berkshires, Massachusetts!  Coming soon!

3 comments:

Angel @ loveandsplendor.com/blog October 30, 2013 at 5:20 PM  

Love these pics!! I have to know what song Julie sang! And you look GORG -- that dress is lovely!!

Kristin @ Petal and Thorn October 30, 2013 at 7:06 PM  

@angel- thanks! we sang "a doo run run run" and she changed the lyrics a bit to make sense for her hubby.

Rachel November 14, 2013 at 11:40 AM  

Love these pictures! You girls all look gorgeous and Julie's wedding looks beautiful!

Post a Comment