Costa Rica Packing List

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Am I a dork for already making a packing list for our January trip?  I'm excited, what can I say?  My selection of bathing suits and straw hats won't be as good in the Winter anyway. 

I'm hoping to pack super light since I'll be sharing my suitcase with diapers, wipes, and toys. I'm pretty much a miserable over-packer, but I have plenty of time to whittle down to the bare necessities.  These are some of the must-haves.  
Costa Rica Packing List


Activewear pants
nordstrom.com

Flip flop shoes
infinityshoes.com

Nook heavy bag
etsy.com

Rag bone beach hat
ssense.com

Printed Contact Lens Case
urbanoutfitters.com




Notes, from upper left:
Straw hat- not too big to be annoying, not too small to be useless
Yoga pants- for hikes and yoga classes
Colorful contact case- because it really sucks losing your contacts on vacation.
Rainbow sandals- my first pair lasted 3 years of almost DAILY use (and traveled the world!) I'm definitely due for another pair.
Avon Skin So Soft bug repellent- bugs LOVE me.  although i hate to use chemical products, Avon SSS is deet free and supposedly gentler than the rest.  i like the idea of bringing SSS towelettes, so you can apply it exactly where you want it, no chemicals up the nose.
Kindle and Kindle case-  this trip is the perfect excuse to buy a kindle.  shoulder strap will be handy on bike rides
Tennis shoes- the closest thing I own to tennis shoes is my Toms.  I've been needing an excuse to buy some proper shoes, and these should work well for hiking through the jungle.
Linen shorts and linen shirt- more practical coverup than a sarong, transitions well from the beach to a restaurant.
Linen pants- it's going to be HOT and sweaty, these should dry out nicely. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment