Siena is 19 Months!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Our honey boo boo child just turned 19 months.  She doesn't look all that different from last month, but believe me, she's grown up a lot. 



 It's amazing to watch Siena come out of her shell.  Her stranger anxiety is decreasing, and now she waves at strangers she likes, and offers them her ducky.  When she gets a lot of attention, she gets bashful.  She squinches her face like a raison and closes her eyes, as if people can't see her because she can't see them.

She's a spirited dancer!  Around 10 or 11 months, we'd see rare 3 second spurts of the robot.  But now, girl can DANCE!  Her moves are reminiscent of Corky from Waiting for Guffman (see video below).  I'm so stoked about this because dorky dancing is one of my passions, and I'm eager to choreograph some mother/daughter routines.
  • She is singing more and more, especially Yo Gabba Gabba songs.  We have a fairly strict no TV rule for her, but we do play the audio of a few of her favorite episodes. 
  • Stats:  25 pounds (about 75th percentile), can't remember how tall (but Dr. said she was taller than average) 
  • Doesn't like most veggies now, but will eat sauteed spinach by the boat load. 
  • Suddenly, she's interested in stacking blocks and coloring with crayons, two baby behaviors I've been eagerly waiting to see.  
  • She feeds anyone and anything her bottle (including the dogs, her baby doll, and characters in books.)
  • Anytime she sees a picture of a baby, she says, "heyyyyyyy!" in a gentle voice.  But she likes to pinch/slap her baby doll and say "oww!"
  • She insists on eating all her meals with a spoon like a big kid, even liquids like kefir and soup.  It's super messy.
  • We will be starting official potty training in a few weeks.  I'm not dreading potty training at all.  If this book works like many claim, we should be okay. As with sleep training and putting her on a schedule, I believe in starting her young (but not  too young) and getting it over with as quickly as possible (although not in an extreme or rigid way).  Cold turkey, but not too cold.  We shall see how it goes!
  • Her catch phrase is "ALL DONE!"  It translates as "all done", "no", "stop", "I don't like that", "I don't like you", "that tastes gross", "I'm bored", "get me out of here!" etc.  Anything slightly negative is "all done."  At least she hasn't learned the NO word yet. In due time, I'm sure!

1 comments:

Rachel August 23, 2012 at 9:47 AM  

She is growing like crazy! I can't get over how much more adult she looks every month.

Post a Comment