Berry Themed Baby Shower

Thursday, May 16, 2013

My friend Aime's favorite kids' book is Jamberry, a delightful story about a bear and a boy who go on a berry-picking adventure.  I wanted to throw her a pretty, feminine shower in honor of the little girl who is due this Summer.  (See the Hawaii themed shower I hosted for her boy, Hitoshi!) 


Aime's half-Japanese, and while we don't look like twins, I definitely think we could be siblings.
 This felt ball wreath welcomed guests into my home.

The flowers were punchy berry blues, pinks, purples and reds.  Lots of sweet william, veronica, sweet peas, chamomile, and of course, hypericum berries.

The following pics were snapped by our Church friend Pat.  She served as our historian and captured some sweet moments! Thanks Pat!


I whipped up this berry fascinator so our mommy-to-be would fit in with our theme :)


The invites were gorgeous (and so reasonably priced) by Pixel Paper on etsy.  She was super fast and accomodating.




Super low-key food spread: salads, build-your-own-sandwiches, etc.  My friend Kathi helped a lot with the food (Thanks Kathi!!)

Paisley linens (plastic, can you believe it?) with simple flowers and strawberry painted rocks.

Build-a-bow station!  I just put out ribbon-covered barettes, tacky glue and random baubles, felt flowers, and buttons from my collection.  I've learned that the more simple the project, the more likely guests will actually participate.  


Dessert station!  I definitely put my Silhouette Cameo to work cutting all the banners and signage. I definitely think it's paid for itself by now.

Paleo strawberry short cake!

Dairy free fondue was a big hit, made with coconut milk and chocolate.






Aime:  I am so grateful for the friendship that has blossomed over the past few years.  You are a woman who I look up to in so many ways (even though you're quite a bit younger than I am :) ) I feel like you are always full of kind words, optimism, and grace.  Can't wait to welcome baby Sophia!!!

4 comments:

Sarah May 16, 2013 at 11:26 PM  

You outdid yourself my dear ;)

Angel @ loveandsplendor.com/blog May 17, 2013 at 10:32 AM  

what a sweet shower!! everything looks beyond adorable. ;-) you look GORGEOUS in that top pic, btw. miss you tons and tons!

Freckles Chick May 21, 2013 at 7:55 PM  

OK, I LOVE Jamberry & from my experience, not many people know about it!! Beautiful shower, love the sweet DIY touches; you totally captured the whimsy of a berry-picking adventure!

P.S. Gorgeous & glowing mom-to-be-again & GORGEOUS you!!

Rachel May 23, 2013 at 4:39 PM  

Everything turned out beautiful, Kris! So sweet.

Post a Comment