Puppy Themed First Birthday Party!

Monday, March 19, 2012

 Excited to post pics from Siena's first bday party!  I accomplished my goal of keeping it mellow and cheap.  I used the heck out of my Silhouette Cameo, too.  Honestly, I have a lot to learn about hosting a kids' party.  I naively set up the lunch tables in the blazing hot sun, almost ran out of sandwiches, and bought about 10x too much dessert.  But I think I'm being hard on myself- people had a good time!

The wall o' onesies.

I might do this every year.  She wears those shirts all the time!

 Doggy bags :)
 Here's where things got tricky.  Goody bags were the highlight of my childhood, especially when they were filled with candy!  But I just couldn't abandon my paleo-ness.  I had to make them somewhat healthy, which I'm sure was SUCH a bummer for the kids.  I did include chocolate covered raisons (aka "kibble") which was a stretch for me.   Next time, I might forego goody bags and just do one cool gift for each kid, like a book.
fruit leather "rawhide", chocolate raison "kibble", stickers, ball, and popcorn.

 I didn't really know what kinds of activities were appropriate for a 1 year old's party.  I just scattered some beach balls around, sidewalk chalk, and a craft table (which everyone ate at b/c it was in the shade. duh!)
 

I wanted there to be plenty of food offerings for the paleos and non-paleos.  And I wanted it to be somewhat healthy (once again, probably a bummer for the kids... :(
 
 
 
 
 We mostly had Boston Terrier heads all over the place, as they went with the color scheme better.  But I made sure Cavaliers made an appearance, too. 

Joe put together a sweet slideshow of pics and vids spanning Sisi's first year.  Everytime I walked by the TV I got teary eyed.

A fire hydrant on the bathroom door :)


I love you, sweet girl!

As I was cleaning up after, I told Joe, "Next year, no party!  Too much work!"  Then two days later, I was planning out next year's party theme. Definitely a labor of love.

3 comments:

Sarah March 19, 2012 at 8:37 AM  

This is so unbelievably sweet!!!! Kids love puppies too. It's neat because you picked a theme that she loved. I love the kibble idea haha.I felt the same way about the 1 year old activities. I pretty much laid blankets with toys down too haha.

- Sarah
http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

Rachel March 19, 2012 at 11:20 AM  

You are too hard on yourself! The party was lovely and fun for all of us (including those of us without kids!).

Erring on the side of more dessert is always best, in my opinion. : )

Celia March 20, 2012 at 11:07 PM  

so sweet! we have cheechy's first party in two weeks and are super excited for it. you out in WAY MORE effort than i am, however. way to go!

Post a Comment