Instafriday 3/9/2012

Friday, March 9, 2012

life rearranged
Time to link up with Life Rearranged for another Instafriday photo bomb! 

I just returned from breakfast with a girlfriend and am a bit jittery due to that very large iced Vietnamese coffee. Break of Dawn is just top notch!

The poached egg skillet is so amazing- aside from the potatoes, it's pretty paleo friendly.  The pesto hollandaise takes it beyond the typical omelette, which is my everyday breakfast.
The fruit cup they brought Sisi was perfectly ripe, and included blood oranges. Yum!



My house lately is a bit of a wreck, with toys and couch cushions strewn about.  There are still some areas of my house that are just for me:

White brick mantle with creamy smooth vases.

I light candles on Tuesday while I clean the living room to make the task more enjoyable.

Love my Redoute botanical prints.

Someday she'll probably find a way to climb up to those lanterns.  For now, they are safe.
Did you know Ikea makes the cutest, most wonderfully detailed kid toys?  I wouldn't have known, but my friend gifted Sisi with this vege basket.  So far, I haven't had the guts to brave Ikea with a baby, but I think it's worth it for great steals like this.
 We officially switched to 1 nap this week.  I'm sure I'll post about it soon.  The 2-1 nap transition is pretty infamous.  For the most part, Sisi's been fine.  But 10am and 5pm are her super grumpy times, and I need to get creative to keep her happy.  Hence the tub in the hallway.
 I was so proud b/c I completed 4 out of 5 on my "presentability checklist."  That means I had makeup on, hair combed, real outfit (no pjs!) and I accessorized.  If my nails weren't so horrific, I would've had a 5/5.  This is very rare indeed.
 I bought that shocking coral blazer a few years ago, and am just now wearing it.  I just didn't have the guts to wear neon until I was sure it was "in style."  haha
 Bathing suit season is coming soon.  Sad news for me, GREAT news for Sisi! :) Scored this mermaid green glittery one piece at Baby Gap on sale.  Everything is an extra 30% this weekend, btw.  After I cut off the tags, I remembered telling myself last summer to get a 2 piece this year b/c 1 pieces and diapers are the biggest pain.  Oh well!
 I'm letting her attempt spoon-feeding herself.  It's been messy, but she's doing pretty well.

Pretty pretty paper.
The weather is so delightful.  My heart is happy.  Have a great weekend!!!

1 comments:

Holly March 10, 2012 at 2:00 AM  

Yum! The breakfast you ordered looks great! I'm hungry now, lol! :D

Post a Comment