Baby Olivia's Shower

Sunday, March 11, 2012

My best friend Angel is going to have her baby any day/minute now.  I am neurotically checking my phone every 10 minutes for a text that says "It's Baby Time!"  I am so excited to meet this precious little babe. 

Head over to Angel's full post describing all the details, inspiration, and vendors responsible for putting on this special day!  Since the decor was my only real job, I just want to share a few pics of the projects that I talked so much about here. Photos are by the always incredible Jessica Claire.

The entire shower was based on Angel's nursery fabrics, which were persimmon orange, golden yellow, dusty teal and white. Very retro-modern and geometric. I made the pillow on the left, which perfectly matched the invites created by Love and Splendor's in-house graphic designer (and my former bride) Kristin. 

I tried to bring in a ton of non-floral elements so I wouldn't need to rely on florals too much.  I went for "bang-for-your-buck" flowers like daffodils, hydrangeas, and open roses. I know Angel loves tulips and texture, so I added dutch tulips and berry clusters into the mix.  It was SOOO HARD sticking to my flower budget, but after putting back many, many bunches, I did. 

The faux craspedia were a bit awkward to make, but look how much they pop on the tables!  Definitely worth it.

I loved the felt mobiles so much I'm thinking of making some for Sisi's room.  They were soooo easy and fun to make.
 Found Vintage Rentals provided a gorgeous lounge and a parade of pillows to complement the ones I made.

 A closer look at the thumb tack balls and fabric balls.
  Me and Anna, Angel's darling sis.  Could be my sis, don'tcha think?
Dress from TJ Maxx :) This is SO not nursing friendly, so I was stoked to finally wear it out while Joe was at home with Sisi.

Ok, this has nothing to do with the decor, but I have to share these braised short ribs with you. The most succulent, buttery piece of meat I've ever had.
 Here is the radiant mommy-to-be opening my present, which included that "soc-tapus".

A truly incredibly party to celebrate an incredible woman.  Cheers to Angel and Olivia!  xoxo

  • location & catering: lucques, west hollywood

2 comments:

Sarah March 12, 2012 at 10:26 AM  

Wow, you REALLY need to submit these photos to a chic cheap nursery, or other website like it. You would totally win. You did an amazing job!!!


- Sarah
http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

Rachel March 12, 2012 at 10:44 AM  

It turned out so beautifully, Kris! All that work was worth it.

Post a Comment