Happy Mama Day!

Monday, May 13, 2013



I woke up to the sound of Sisi chatting in her crib.  As I willed myself to get up and tend to her, I heard Joe rush in, scoop her up, and do some morning yoga with her in her room.  He then barricaded her in the living room and told her to be quiet because it's "mama's special day" and she gets to sleep in.  Yes!

Finally, Joe released the kiddo and she came bumbling into my room saying, "Happy Mama Day!  Try it?  Try it?"  She wanted me to try the special breakfast Joe was making in the kitchen.  Paleo pancakes and fresh coffee, and they were delicious!



We attended a wonderful service at our church, then picnicked and napped in a park under the willow trees.   Sisi did an epic 1.5 hour stroller nap there and was well-rested for champagne linner with Joe's family. 

She sat in her highchair for the entire 2 hour meal, and ate her carrot-ginger soup and sirloin steak with gusto.  



We also enjoyed an Olde English prime rib dinner with my Mom.

I actually see a resemblance between my mom and Sisi now.  Maybe it's the haircut?  

Here's Sisi decorating the envelopes for her Nana and Grandma's cards.  


I made simple arrangements in teapots and pitchers for my moms.  

I won a gorgeous box of Epiphany Chocolates on my friend and former bride Melissa's blog, The Loveliest Day. Sure, I could have given them to my mom, but I figured Mother's Day was the perfect excuse to break my diet.  Stop judging me, frog!!
  

It was such a wonderful day.  Thanks hubby for making me feel so special!   And big thanks to my  mom and mom-in-law for all they do for me, Joe and Sisi.  I am so blessed!



4 comments:

Angel @ loveandsplendor.com/blog May 13, 2013 at 9:20 PM  

oh i love this post!! you look GORGEOUS (i need deets on both of your beautiful dresses, btw) and sisi is looking like such a little lady! happy belated mother's day to my bestest <3 xoxo

Kristin @ Petal and Thorn May 13, 2013 at 10:07 PM  

@angel- thanks hun! loft for the blue and white, tj maxx for the polka dot :)

Rachel May 15, 2013 at 1:04 PM  

Awww, the sweetest mother's day! You deserve it, lady.

Freckles Chick May 21, 2013 at 7:50 PM  

Happy (belated) Mother's Day!! Y'all are such a beautiful family!

Sisi holding that pencil & 'writing'??!! Oh my word, my heart melted.

That frog looks super judge-y, lol!

Post a Comment