Modern Glam Wedding Shoot

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I was worried that ending The Treasured Petal meant losing touch with good friends in the industry.  Turns out I had nothing to worry about!  I love taking part in styled shoots to keep up with what's new in the wedding world and give me an excuse to hang with my industry buds.  Thanks Christina from Simply Modern Weddings and Trista from Trista Lerit Photography for reaching out and asking me to provide some funky accessories. The theme:  Modern Glam Tron-inspired Wedding.  I had to wikipedia "Tron" since I don't watch TV and am living under a rock :)  It's a science fiction film from the 80s, with an arcade game and video game that followed. 

I hand stitched this tulle and rhinestone hat, and added a black bow with vintage crystal brooch.  I actually created it to face forward with the tulle veil along the eyeline, but thought it was fabulous how Carina from Flawless Faces flipped it and used it as a fascinator to accent the side-swept 'do. Cocktail hats are so versatile, so whatever works with the look!  Real brides can easily steal this idea- face the hat forward with the veil in front for the ceremony, and flip it for the reception. 





Carina also incorporated my tiara headbands into the bridesmaids' updos.  On the left she is wearing the Milky Way Tiara (made of milk glass beads- soon to be listed on etsy!) and the right the Mercury Glass Tiara.


And I have NOTHING to do with the decor for this shoot, but I have to give you a glimpse at this insanely cool ceremony setup.  Inviting Occasion, way to rock it! I thought making hats was intricate work, but goodness, a huge grid made of straws?  Too awesome.



A big THANK YOU to Green Wedding Shoes for featuring this shoot here! Check it out for all the gorgeous details and full vendor list.

1 comments:

Unknown May 25, 2011 at 9:36 AM  

wow, that's awesome Kristin! so glad you were able to do this!

Post a Comment