Monday, April 23, 2012
Our hearts are stretched to the max with love for our 15 month old baby girl. Or toddler?? Can it be?
YES, she took her first steps a few days ago. 5 quick little steps while drinking from her bottle- then she realized what she was doing and plop, her diaper butt hit the floor. I laugh-cried when it happened. I was so happy-sad to see her cross into toddler-dome on tip-toe. I'm full of mixed emotions these days. Since then, she'll take about 10 deliberate steps a day, but is quite cautious about walking. She's in no hurry.
|we started the shoot off on the right foot with fuel and cuddles|
|from right to left (*edit: I mean, from left- I am notorious for mixing up the two!) : golf swing, exploring, smiling, dancing like elaine from seinfeld :)|
- Talking, singing, grooving.
- She babbles so animatedly as she "reads" out loud (usually with the book upside down!)
- She uses baby talk and bats her eyelashes to ask for something...
- ...then she throws a tantrum if we don't give it to her.
- After the tantrum has run it's course, she comes crawling into my lap for cuddles as she chants "hmmmm hmmmm hmmmm" and plays with my necklace to soothe herself. It's heartbreaking and sweet. She's been doing the chanting to soothe herself since 4 months old when she learned to fall asleep on her own. Since then, she applies it to all sorts of situations, like when she can't figure out how to work a toy.
- Her eyes are still blue, but hazel in the sun. Still not sure what they will become.
- Her hair is getting lighter and lighter, almost dirty blonde.
- We're only nursing 1x a day now. I'm glad we've kept breastfeeding going this long, but I'm not sure how much longer I can stretch it out. Tonight she latched on, pulled off, looked at me and said "nada". Coincidence, I'm sure, but it rang true.