Instafriday 6/22/12

Friday, June 22, 2012

life rearranged
It's time for instafriday, where I link up with Life Rearranged and show off my cell phone pictures from the week.  Apparently, there in an instagram app for droid now, so I might start using that to take pics.  But I'm always hesitant to join new social media thingys.  Do you use instagram?  Is it awesome?

It's been busy in the Petal and Thorn shop! These nest ring pillows are the cutest.
When I bought my silhouette cameo cutter, I vowed to never buy another greeting card.  If I just make cards for every occasion, that saves a few bucks a pop, and the machine will pay for itself in a year or so.  That's my logic.  (Yes, I used nail polish on this card, then went ahead and did a few coats on myself and Sisi's big toes.)
 My dear friend Marysia was married last weekend, which gave me an excuse to rock the bumpit AND the no heat curl :) 
 Her wedding was simple, charming, and very crafty... just like her. 
 She looked gorgeous, and I was honored to create a special hair flower for her made of layered silk, tulle, lace, and chiffon...

I saw this orchid purple nail polish on my friend Jenny, and just had to copy her.  The color is Essie Play Date.
 We had a bbq on Father's Day at Joe's parents' house. They have a ginormous yard to explore.
This tote bag is the perfect size for transitioning out of a diaper bag.  I get so many compliments on it, but instead of saying thank you, I immediately tell people it was 30 bucks at TJ Maxx.  I do that all the time, it's like a reflex!  I'm proud of my bargain hunting skills, but people don't always need to know how cheap my stuff is.  I'm so tacky sometimes. 
 Speaking of tacky, look what I found at the local floral supply store?  Just in case you need fat-lady-in-a-bikini ornaments. 
I was checking out at Barnes and Noble, when I look down and see Siena hijacking my latte!  Thankfully, it was mostly watery milky slush by then.
Kumquats thinly sliced taste delicious in salads.
 My childhood best friend Julie is in town, which is always a treat.  Her parents' garden is one of my favorite spots on Earth, and the location of my photo session with Jasmine Star. Now Sisi is old enough to begin exploring it herself, although there are still so many nooks and crannies she'll discover when she gets older. The house next store is up for sale, and I seriously considered buying it just so Sisi would grow up next to that garden.

I *just* got back from a playdate at the fake beach, and still have sand between my toes as I write this.  Now I'm going to make some kumquat iced tea and paleo baked something or other.  I'm in the best mood- must be all the vitamin D I just got.

Also, check out my new post on the Paleo Plus One blog about how I know the paleo diet is working for me! 

Have a joyful weekend! 

4 comments:

Unknown June 22, 2012 at 4:22 PM  

Omg, you are tooo funny. And I'm with you about the bargain hunting - I totally do the same thing! I love having mommy and me dates with you, my dear friend! Have a good weekend! =)

Sarah June 22, 2012 at 9:27 PM  

Wow I never new Julie, but I remember her from Jr. High. She was kind of popular. That's a blast from the past!

- Sarah
agirlintransit.blogspot.com

Sarah Gregson June 23, 2012 at 10:23 PM  

Man, Sisi is so stinking cute! Also, I tried that no heat curl last weekend for a wedding last weekend! Let's just say that it needs some work and it looks way better on you.

Rachel June 25, 2012 at 3:22 PM  

Instagram is fun and only as time consuming as you let it be. I just don't follow many people and I only instagram a small percentage of the photos I actually take. Join!

Do you know someone with a kumquat tree or are you buying them? I so miss having piles of kumquats. It seemed like lots of people in Orange had the trees but didn't eat the fruit and were happy to give it away. Yum.

Post a Comment